Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rolling on the Waves of Life

Well, the week ended on a much better note than it began on. I did have the interview for the job on Friday. Everything seemed to go great, I'm just waiting by the phone now! I should know by the end of the week if I got the position. I'm really hoping it works out. The research seems so interesting to me!

We found out today that we will be able to get the bumper replaced next Monday! We have an amazing life group. Wednesday nights we usually drive 30 minutes south for our life group, but this last Wednesday we were just not feeling up to the drive since we had been up so late the night before and James had worked an extra long shift that day. Since we were not feeling the drive down, our life group came up to us! They brought cupcakes and gave us a gift card for Pei Wei!! Life groups are so much more than doing bible studies, they are about doing life with one another! We are so thankful for them!!! Thank you guys!!

At Loggerhead (the sea turtle hospital I volunteer at) we are finally getting some of our sea turtles to eat for the first time the last couple of weeks. I actually got 2 to eat for the very first time two weeks ago. How did we do that you might ask? Well, I feed them with a bamboo skewer. They are so funny to watch! But also very nerve-racking! They can bit!!

Our weekend was nice. Sunday consisted of us going to an art fest downtown. It was pretty cool! Then we went to the human society. We found a dog we both really like, but we didn't get it yet. We decided that before we get a dog, I need to have a steady job. We want to be able to support the dog!!! Monday we went to a beach called Blowing Rocks! It was so pretty!!! It is so far my favorite beach!!! We just walked the beach and sat and looked at one of God's beautiful paintings! It was a prefect day. High of 70!

Tonight was J1Ten. Pastor Shuan brought a powerful message from Jeremiah 2. I am loving Jeremiah. This book is so powerful. I challenge you to read it. Not just skim through it, but truly read it. Jeremiah paints a picture of God being so real, so raw. Trust me you will be challenged, convicted, encouraged all from the first 2 chapters! That's as far as we got so far!!!

Looking forward to the rest of the week! Hoping for good news to come sometime!! Trusting God every step of the way! And praise God that I got 4 days at Jcpennys this week! Friday through Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Laura We are continuing to pray for you job situation. Be careful of the turtles. I thought of you this week with the horrible situation at Sea World and the whale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judith for the prayers! They are greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete