Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Exciting Waves Ahead, Hopefully!!

So, this has been a great week. I had a phone interview with the Palm Beach Zoo on Friday afternoon. After going to an interview today for a position at The Florida Oceanographic Society, I got back to my car, turned on my cell phone, and a few minutes later I received a phone call from the Zoo. They offered me a second in-person interview!!! So I made it to the second round!! I'm very excited!! And anxious, nervous... I want to be excited, but I don't want to get to excited in case I don't end up with the position. I'm just tired of the rejection calls and emails. I got a call yesterday to let me know that I did not get the sea turtle research job. Their speeches are all the same, "You have a great resume, don't give up, good luck in your search, but we decided on someone with more experience."
James has been so supportive during all this. We had a nice talk on the way home from J1Ten. He reminded me yet again that God is in control and there is a purpose for me going through this time. He also reminded me that I did ask for patience back in the summer. God is definitely teaching me! We are so blessed by God. He is providing all our needs and even some of our wants.
We made the decision to renew our lease. It was a difficult decision for us. We like our place now, the only cons being laundry and commuting to West Palm. However, we weighed our pros/cons and decided for the time being we would be able to deal with the laundry and commute. So that in another years time, we will hopefully be able to get a better place and not have to settle with some place that is the cheapest.
We had a great weekend! We actually got a full weekend together without one of us working. And we got to go to church together for the first time in 3 weeks! Going to church together is something I treasure. When we first met each other, we actually got to know each other by carpooling to church together! After church we spent the weekend cleaning and doing 6 loads of laundry, So that Monday we could take it easy and go to West Palm to hang out!
We are excited for the weekend. Nana and Pop are coming to visit us!! It will be nice to see family! We also have a busy April. We will be heading to Tampa for a friends wedding the following weekend, and then Jenn and the kids are coming over to go camping!! It will be so nice seeing friends and family!!
Well I've rambled enough! Thank you everyone for keeping us in your prayers! We appreciate them greatly!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura! You have a beautiful blog! I love the water so this grabs my attention. Sounds like you are so happy, I can see your sweet smiling face as I read this. Hope you have a good week! "Cheryl"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I know what you mean about being able to worship with family. I also know you will treasure having grandparents there for Easter Services. I miss my kids in worship and it's special when we get to be with Mike and Nat.
    Continuing to pray for your job situation and the guidance that HE is giving you. He has a plan!

    ReplyDelete