Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A week of mix emotions

So the beginning of the week was a little rough. Most of you know, but I did not get the job I had been interviewing for. James and I were praying God's will would be done, and I guess this job was just not the job for me at this time. So I had my day of crying and mopping around and now I ready to press forward, because I know God has a plan to prosper us and not to harm us that will give us a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Thank you mom for reminding me once again of this verse! After I though all was going wrong, I got an email from a company I had sent my resume to back in September. They were informing me of a summer tech position available starting in April through August. The job would consist of me getting up really early in the morning, going to the beach, and searching and marking sea turtle nest!! Sounds like the perfect job for me! So I emailed them back with everything and waiting to see if this one works out!!

James is busy with his work. They are having the investor come in this coming Monday, so they are all preparing for that. Hopefully everything will go as planned and things will be smooth this week for them!

We had a very nice relaxing weekend. Friday night we got to attend a volunteer appreciation thing that the church held. It was a good night. We learned about things that are on the heart of our Church leaders including human trafficking. I personally did not know much about this topic, but God is starting to break my heart for this. I'm looking forward what God has in store for our church to get involved in. The rest of the weekend consisted of work and a little relaxing on Sunday and Monday for James!

We are looking forward to the opportunities that God is giving us this week. We are planning to check out a young adult ministry that is starting tonight at the church. We are always looking forward to our small group on Wednesday nights. God has blessed us with some great new friends!

Hope everyone is having a great week! We miss all of you that we don't get to see often!!

No comments:

Post a Comment