Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Riding The Waves of Life

This week was a typical week in some ways and not in others. I mostly kept the fort down at the apartment, looking into new jobs, house cleaning, and getting a well needed hair cut and highlights!! As many of you know my hair was getting really long, she took two inches off and its still long, but I like it that way!! James had a busy week at work. He actually had to work on Monday (normally his weekend). I felt bad for him, but at least he didn't have to go to work on Valentine's Day! They were preparing for the investors that actually came today. He said that things seem to went good. Which is good news for us, it means he still has a job!!

We spent Sunday afternoon at a local state park. We hiked a little on one of the trails and got to go up on this tower that overlooks the park (which was huge). It was such a beautiful sight. You could see down to West Palm, up north of us, out west to I95, and East was the Atlantic Ocean. All from one view. It was truly breath taking! It reminded me of our life groups talk two weeks ago about admiring the work of our Creator. We just stood in awe of the view (and took pictures!!) I should try to upload some tomorrow! It was a great first Valentine's Day for us. We enjoyed having a day to do what we truly love to do; spending time with each other, hiking, exploring a park, and having a picnic! Plus James got me my favorite flower, daisies! (There the ones I can keep too!! He knows me well!!)

I have been challenged this week through J1Ten and our life group. God is really starting to work and move in my life and our lives like never before. I'm just learning day by day to truly surrender my life to God and rely on him fully. I'm starting to realize what it means to have God break my heart for the things that break His.

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    You are precious and I so enjoy your stories.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoy them! We thought it would be a great way to keep intouch with those we don't get to see very much!

    ReplyDelete