Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Riding a New Wave in Life

I know, its been a long time since I've blogged!!! I'm so sorry!!! I have been adjusting to a new schedule, which has been pretty hard! The job at the zoo is going good. It is a lot of hard work, but mentally and physically. It has been an adjustment going from a marine biology background to more of a terrestrial biology background. I'm very thankful for this job at this time in my life (and with the state of our economy). The job is just causing me to learn how to adjust to different things!!
I'm slowly learning all my different kinds of waterfowl! I have so many different kinds of ducks/geese that its not event funny!! I'm starting to be able to do things on my own, which is good and bad! Good that they trust me and think I'm ready, and not so good because of all the pressure that comes with all that responsibility!! One of the hardest things that I'm having to get use to is the long days and weird weekends. I'm up at 5:30, out the door by 6:30 and clocked in by 7:30. So far the earliest I've left is 5:45. I've been normally getting off by 6:15, this puts me home around 7 or a little after 7!! A LONG day to say the least!! The commute is ok, just long!! The weekend thing has also been hard to get use too. As most of you know, James's weekend is Sunday/Monday and mine is now Tuesday/Wednesday :(  We no longer have a day to spend together :( It is a BIG adjustment, which I'm learning is probably harder for me then James. Or at least I'm showing it more than him! I try to remind myself that it could be worst. I could not have a job. And that I have friends that are spending a year apart because of their jobs. When I think about that it puts everything in perspective. Are friends in our life group encouraged us to set up a date night and stick to it, that way we can have quality time together! Love that idea and it will be in place this week!!!
Besides adjusting to a new schedule, things are going great! I thank God everyday for his provision in our life and for the job He has blessed me with! I will try and keep updating every week! Forgive me if I don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment