Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wow... Long time

Hello everyone! Sorry for the LONG delay with my post!! I have been having difficulties adjusting to the new schedule I am now on! I will try and catch you up a little on what has been going on this last month!

The new job is going good. I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the long hours and weird weekends. A typical day is: wake up at 5:10, leave the house by 6:00, arrive and clock-in to work by 7:00, on average leaving work at 6:30 (I've left as early as 5:45 (actually 30 minutes late) and stayed as late as 7:30 (more then once!), hours long drive home, arrive at home some time between 6:45 and 8, eat dinner, try to spend so time with James, but end up going to bed by 8 or 8:30! Needless to say I have long days!! Thankfully it is summer and the sun is coming up when I leave and is not setting till 8:00 or 8:30! I don't know what I would do if it was dark both times!!
Besides getting use to the long days, there is also the odd weekends. No one is off on Tuesday and Wednesdays!! Including my husband!!! There is a possibility that he might can get Monday/Tuesday weekends, but no sure yet. It would be great for us if he could! I would love a full day to spend with him! However, I know it will be difficult for him to give up Sundays and church. That's another thing I'm having to adjust to. I haven't been able to go to church yet :( WE have tried to go to the night service on Sunday in downtown, but haven't been able to yet, but hopefully that will change! We also have J1Ten (our young adults service/meeting) on Tuesday nights that we can go to. For me it is my church! Unfortunately we haven't been able to go consistently the last couple weeks. It's hard to want to drive another time to West Palm and sometimes we just want to spend some time together.
Yet another adjustment is the heat!! I've been in Florida for 5 years and I know the heat, but it is totally different being out in the heat 5 days a week, 10 hours a day!!! I've never sweated so much!!

We have had some excited news... We were able to buy a car!!! We traded in Roxy (my 95' 275,000 ml Honda passport) for a 2009 Honda fit!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! It is sooooo cute!!! Even though my sister thinks it looks like a space car! I have named this car Sliver Mist!! I love naming my cars! I know I'm a little crazy!

Yesterday was James' s Birthday! I surprised him with paddle boarding lessons for this morning! It was so cool!! We both loved it! I'm thinking we need to get some boards!! I really wish we had a weekend together so we could enjoyed things like this more often! I miss that so much. We enjoy embarking on new adventures like this! I'm so glad his boss let him take the morning off so we could enjoy that together!

I'm so thankful for my job. It has been such a blessing for me and James. We were able to get another car, and are just sitting more comfortable financially. I just hope we are able to work out the challenging details!

I realized today that a year ago today I officially moved over to Stuart! I can't believe how quick this year has been!! In a couple weeks James and I will be celebrating our One Year Anniversary!!!!!! I can't believe it!!! This has been one amazing year!! Love being married to my best friend!!!

Well I've caught you up on whats happening in the life of the Kings, mostly just work and spending the time we get together and treasuring those moments!! Oh, and I'm looking forward to seeing my sister on Sunday!!! She is coming for a few days!! I miss her so much and looking forward to spending some time with her!!

1 comment:

  1. YES, this year has flown by. we are so proud of both of you. and i believe steph is excited about visiting(just not excited about the heat...lol) love you

    ReplyDelete