Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A New Wave To Ride

Most of you probably already know, but I wanted to share it anyway in case some of you had not heard yet. I WAS OFFERED THE JOB AT THE PALM BEACH ZOO, AND OF COURSE I ACCEPTED IT!!!! I'm so excited right now. I have not been able to stop thinking about it. We had our small group tonight, and I don't think I was all there because I kept thinking of the phone conversation that I had had just minutes before we met! It was so nice hearing the other side of the conversation of being offered the job, and not the your good, but not good enough speech! I'm definitely nervous. It will be a very challenging job, but I'm up for it. I plan to do major homework this weekend!! I need to brush up on my bird zoology and starting learning scientific names all over again! But it is totally worth it!!!! I HAVE A JOB!!!!
Thank you Lord for providing me with this opportunity. Thank you for all that you have taught me along this journey. There were times I doubt, wondering if I was ever going to get a break. But now I understand, God's timing is never our timing!! Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement along the way. It has helped more than you will ever know!
Oh, and James said I should mention that I have already failed on my making better choices for food (previous post). I had him stop for a hot fudge Sunday on the way home from small group tonight!! I will excuse it on the bases of celebrating the new job!! However, he said we will celebrate this weekend as well!!!

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    Your Mom called to give me the great news. God always answers, just in his time. We are so excited for you and know you will do a great job!

    ReplyDelete