Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sailing across the ocean...

So I've been reading this book the last couple weeks (my goal is to finish it by the weekend) about this couple that decided to sell everything when they got married, buy a boat, and sail around the Pacific Ocean. Ok, I know what some of you might be thinking,  my mom, no we are not thinking about selling everything and buying a boat. Although I really would want to, we don't have enough stuff to even put a down payment on a boat! I do, however, have this dream and goal to learn how to sail a boat. The thought of living a simple life on a boat does speak to me, maybe one day I can see this come true. I'm jealous of one of my girl friends and her boyfriend back in Tampa. They are in the process of looking/buying a boat and planing to move to St. Thomas in the Fall. I told James we should just pack up and move with them! I don't have a job here, so maybe I can find one there!! And who knows, maybe they need shrimp farmers in St. Thomas too!! I know this is way off topic for me and what I usually write about, I've just been so into this book. It's all I think about. And it doesn't help every where I go down here I see sail boats!

This week has been pretty good. Camping was so much fun!! I do miss camping. Although, I do need to find out what keeps no see ums from biting you. I have little bits all over me!!! We also had pretty good food. I made Mexican rice for Friday night that we warmed up on the fire. So good!! Then on Saturday night we had hot/veggie dogs. The veggie dogs were not that bad. And if you ever need the find them in the grocery store they are in the produce section. I know, weird, but true! Both nights we had smores of course. And on Saturday night Jenn taught us how to make bananas stuffed with chocolate and marshmallows! So good! We ended the weekend with Tijuana Flats! I so miss going there with Jenn back in Tampa!

The rest of the week has been work. But yesterday night instead of going to our young adults group, we decided to have a nice night together. We went to the beach and read till sun down, then ended the night with a walk on the beach. It was a much need relaxing night for the both of us!

Ok, so I've decided that I'm way out of shape and that I have put on a few pounds. SO, I'm going to try and be more discipline to working out. James is also in this with me, but we have agreed that even if the other person can not work out, due to work schedules, the other person will still work out. We have not set a schedule yet, that is on my to do list for today. I did get up and run the bridge this morning. Ok it was more of a jog/walk, but I really don't like running so I have to work my way up! So hopefully we can stick to this! I really need so encouragement. I'm also going to try to incorporate some better eating habits, not a diet, just better choices! Hopefully that works, I'm a sucker for sweets just ask my family!

Well I should  go and start on my to do list for today. Continue to pray for my job situation. I still have not heard from the zoo. I'll be starting to research more jobs. Pray God will show me where He wants me. Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. We'll totally move to the Caribbean with you - we don't have jobs here either, let's buy a big boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok!! I think if we put all of our efforts together then maybe we can get a big boat! It would be so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Believe!!! And it came to pass, you have the job!!!!!!

    I am so verrrrrrrrry happy for you and now for the rest of your life...............Good things to come!!!

    ReplyDelete