Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Bitter-sweet Move for us

Wow, I can't believe I have not posted on here in so long. What can I say, life happen and I just forgot about writing. I have read so many friends blogging lately, that it has inspired me to beginning writing on here more. It's such a great time to update everyone on our life.

Next Wednesday, James and I get our keys to the town home we will be renting! We are very excited to make this move. It is a bitter-sweet move. Packing up the apartment that was the first place that James and I called home together has came with mixed emotions. I remember moving over here a little over two years ago right before we got married. It was so exciting. We have had so many great memories in this apartment. However, we are ready for the exciting change. The town home will feel more like a "home". We will have washer and dryer!! (I've not had one since I've moved away from home (6 years)) We are also getting some cool bonus; a garage, lots of storage, and plenty of living space! Once we have moved in I'll post pictures!

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary last month. I still can't believe we have been married 2 years! It has been so much fun! We have been able to take a few more trips over the last year and hope to take many more. We have been able to go home twice (quick but very great trips!) Family have came down to Florida (always a plus!). We went camping in the smokies!! And we were able to go out to Texas for Amber and Micah's first baby!! We look forward to additional travels in the future :)

Our jobs are the same. James is still at the farm. He is liking it and hopefully things will continue to go great for him there. I'm still at the zoo for now. The job is killing me and I'm ready to get something that I enjoy doing. And one with better hours. I've very thankfully for my job, but I do need a change. I want a job where I wake up in the morning and actually want to go to work, not one that makes me sick all the time from stress. So hopefully after the move, I will be able to focus on finding a better suited job for myself.

Hopefully that catches everyone up a little! Sorry about the absence in writing. I will try to do better.

1 comment:

  1. Laura,
    Actually catching up on some blog reading today so glad you posted. Always praying about your job situation. I know something will open up for you soon. It's all in HIS timing!

    ReplyDelete